Welcome to Gems at Paradise Beach Hotel, an intimate Long Island, Bahamas all-balcony beach front boutique hotel where you can indulge in the beauty and wonder of nature coming as a guest, leaving as a friend, returning as family.
You will find all our rooms have comfortable bedding with stunning views of the beach, harbour and surrounding cays of Lochabar with windows that open and balconies to enjoy the natural sea breezes, air conditioning, ceiling fans, iron/boards, blow dryers, beach towels, ice buckets, coffeemakers, television, DVD player with free movie rentals, and daily housekeeping for short stays.
Two bedroom Suite features a single king bed in each of the two separate bedrooms with two private bathrooms; rooms can accommodate a maximum of 4 guests. In addition to standard amenities offered in all guestrooms, this room type includes full kitchen (microwave, coffee maker, stove/oven, fridge, cookware, dishware, glassware & utensils), indoor/outdoor dining area and large balcony overlooking beach and harbour with patio furniture. Jr suite features a single king bed with private bathroom and same amenities as the two bedroom suite.
Bedroom containing either single king or single queen bed, private bathroom, balcony with seating overlooking the beach with concrete beach pathways landscaped with local flora home to several bird species.
Bedroom containing two queen beds, private bathroom, patio balcony with seating overlooking the beach with concrete beach pathways landscaped with local flora home to several bird species.
Features one queen bed with private bathroom; rooms can accommodate a maximum of 2 guests. In addition to standard amenities offered in all guestrooms, this room type includes full kitchen (microwave, coffeemaker,stove/oven, fridge, cookware, dishware, glassware & utensils), indoor/outdoor dining area, living room area and large balcony overlooking beach and harbour with patio furniture.
Features one queen bed with private bathroom and two twin beds in a separate bedroom with a separate enclosed bathroom; rooms can accommodate a maximum of 4-6 guests. In addition to standard amenities offered in all guestrooms, this room type includes full kitchen (microwave, coffeemaker, stove/oven, fridge, cookware, dishware, glassware & utensils), indoor/outdoor dining area, living room area with two twin sleeper love seats and large balcony overlooking beach and harbour with patio furniture.
Are customized to guest requirements with starting rates of $35 per person. Advance booking and restrictions apply. Three restaurants are located within a mile of the property.
- No-Charge WiFi in Lobby,
- Satellite Television in Lobby,
- Free local calls,
- Main full kitchen access,
- Honour liquor & snack bar,
- Board games,
- Beach chairs,
- Beach area with gazebo, patio furniture,
- Free kayak rental and shaded hammock area.
- International calling cards and fax services available,
- Complimentary car and tour reservations.
Every day is a perfect day at Gems!
- Visit Long Island Swimming pigs on nearby Cay
- Go Deep Sea fishing for Blue Marlin, Tuna, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Kingfish or Mackerel or Reef Fishing for Snappers and Yellowtails.
- If Bonefishing excites you, join our expert Guides that will show you a great day of catching Bonefish, Small Tarpon, Barracuda or Ladyfish.
- Explore the waters by Kayaking to nearby Salt cay to collect sea salt while passing Bahamian Green Turtles or explore Hamilton’s Caves with passages up to 50ft wide where artifacts and ancient drawings of the first Bahamian settlers, the Lucayan Indians were discovered.
- Explore nearby famous 663ft deep Dean’s Blue Hole where free-diving world records have been set or the monument marking Columbus’ third landfall in 1492 or our many powdery secluded beaches.
- Birdwatchers can view the endangered West Indian Whistling Duck, Bahamas Yellowthroats, Bananaquits, Gulls, Yellow Crowned Night Heron, Ospreys or the occasional Flamingo. Don’t be surprised if you view several species here at Gems.
Dana N Denver, North Carolina
We stayed at Gems after five days in Nassau at Atlantis. What a difference! And one that we loved. We were in a condo on the top floor and had the most beautiful view of the bay. We could sit on our balcony and watch sea turtles and manta rays swim by below. Our favorite thing to do was snorkel off the beach–again, we saw tons of sea turtles, manta rays, and even a couple of sharks. We kayaked across the bay and saw more sea life and lots of conch shells on the beaches.
Jammn5 Washington, Illinois
If you are looking for peace and quiet with just the sound of the ocean to lull you to sleep, this is the place! Gems At Paradise is truly paradise! My husband and I have found that we like to travel to secluded places that are off the beaten path away from the masses. Gems on Long Island was perfect for us.
shawnthomas1 Miami, Florida
Just got back from Long Island where we stayed in Gems at Paradise. Gems is appropriately named and we were extremely happy with our choice of accommodation. This is a family run hotel with two buildings and 12 rooms. All rooms have stunning ocean views from their balconies. There is a communal honesty bar and dining room with kitchen which is at your disposal. We had a king suite so did not need the kitchen. However, the bar was welcoming, and we ate in the dining room on Christmas Day.
Stayed here for 9 days, when we first got to the top of the hill and saw this place over looking a turquoise bay our first reaction was Wow! Very laid back place with luxury features. Wonderful place to come “home” to after exploring the island’s many natural wonders and secluded beaches. You will definitely need to rent a jeep if you really want to get down the unmaintained roads to the attractions such as Dean’s Blue Hole, Columbus point ,etc.
There are two airports on Long Island. Deadman’s Cay Airport (LGI) is the closest to us at 13 miles just north of Gems at Paradise. Stella Maris Airport is approx. 60 miles north of us. There are many flight options available to get you from Nassau, Bahamas or some US cities to Long Island, Bahamas. Due to distances between local points of interest renting a car is strongly recommended.